HISTORY AND GOVERNMENT
TIME: 2 ½ HOURS
(Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.)
History & Government
Time: 2 ½ Hours
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES:
- This paper consists of three sections A, B and C.
- Answer all questions in section A, three questions from section B , and two questions from section C
- Answers to all questions must be written in a separate booklet provided.
- This paper consists of 2 printed pages.
- Candidates should check to ascertain that all pages are printed as indicated and that no questions are missing
|Sections||A||B||C C||Total Score|
|Questions||1 – 16||17||18||19||20||21||22||23|
For Examiner’s Use Only
SECTION A (25 MARKS)
Answer all the questions in this section.
- Identify two methods used by archaeologist to determine the age of fossils. (2mrks)
- State two factors that were favourable for agricultural production by Ameru community in pre colonial period. (2mrks)
- State two ways in which Seyyid Said promoted economic development on the East Africa Coast
- Give two economic responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen (2mrks)
- State two characteristics of human rights (2mrks)
- State the main factor that contributed to the growth of City States along the Kenyan coast before 1500 AD. (1mrk)
- State two causes of the Agiriama resistance to the establishment of colonial rule in Kenya. (2mrks)
- Give two reasons why settler farming was encouraged during the pre-colonial period in Kenya. (2mrks)
- Identify one issue by the Asian that was not addressed by the Devonshire White Paper of 1923.
- Name the political party formed by Ronald Ngala during the struggle for independence. (1mark)
- Identify the final stage in the constitution making process in Kenya. (1mark)
- Name the head of the executive arm of government in Kenya. (1mark)
- Name the commission that investigates corruption in Kenya. (1mark)
- Name two branches of the national police service in Kenya (2marks)
- Identify the Main function of the leader of the Majority Party in parliamentary. (1mark)
- State two functions of the Supreme Court in Kenya. (2marks)
SECTION B (45 MARKS)
Answer three questions in this section.
- (a) State five factors that led to the Migration of the Iteso from their original home in Lake Turkana
region to their present homeland. (5marks)
(b) Describe the political organization of the Maasai during the Pre-colonial period. (10marks)
- (a) Give five factors why Seyyid Said develop plantation agriculture along the East African Coast.
(b) Explain five results of plantation agriculture along the East African Coast during Omani Rule
- (a) Identify three groups which provided education in Kenya during the colonial period. (3marks)
(b) Explain six factors which undermine the provision of education to Africans during the colonial
20.(a) State five grievances that Kenyatta presented to Hilton Young commission in 1928. (5marks)
(b) Explain five reasons why armed resistance against colonial invasion failed in Kenya. 10marks)
SECTION C (30MARKS)
Answer two questions in this section.
21.(a) State five benefits of Democracy (5marks)
(b)Explain five conditions that may lead to revocation of Kenyan citizenship after registration.
- (a) State three qualifications for one to be registered as a voter in Kenya. (3marks)
(b) Explain five function of the independence electoral and boundaries commission of Kenya. (5mrks)
23.(a) What is the composition of the cabinet in Kenya. (5marks)
(b) Explain five functions of principal secretaries in Kenya (10marks)